Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation from AFFS committee

From: Kevin Donnelly
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation from AFFS committee
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:11:58 +0100

On Monday 06 Jun 2005 13:27, Ian Lynch wrote:
> I thnk we are getting the usual E-mail discussion polarisation here. If
> its not one thing it must therefore be the most extreme opposite.

It would be reasonable to expect the governors of a school (for example) to
come to ad hoc decisions between meetings, in case of exigencies.  But in my
experience these decisions would then be minuted at some point in the future.
If that's "extreme", I suspect most governing bodies are full of
extremists :-)

> In principle significant decisions should be minuted at an appropriate
> meeting. In some circumstances this will happen after the event.

This is what I said in my last post - the "should be minuted" is the point
which some seem to be glossing over.

Can the free software movement can dispense with organisational niceties just
because it is the free software movement?  This would appear to be the view
in some quarters.

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly