fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participatin

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Any folks in Manchester interested in participating in an Ubuntu Global Jam event if I were to organise one?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:50:18 +0000

So after a quick chat with a few people experienced in such matters, it's apparent that there isn't enough time to organise an event for the first weekend in March and have it be brilliant for all attendees. There won't be an 'in person' event this time round, and instead I'll organise an online event instead along the same lines.

I know doing it online isn't in keeping with the spirit of the Global Jam, but I'm going to start looking toward the jam for the S-cycle (which will probably happen around September), which will be a proper 'in person' event that we'll be able to take out time to organise properly.

Sorry if I'd gotten anyone's hopes up :P