Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] Window ansi crash debug output

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] Window ansi crash debug output
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 17:28:32 -0600

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 13:01, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!
> Mike Thomas <address@hidden> writes:
> > In fact last night I transferred the fix across to the stable source tree
> > (not yet checked in as I
> > want to try a little more testing first) and found that Maxima CVS still
> > doesn't build because of
> > the presence in defsystem.lisp of things like
> > IGNORE-ERRORS (broken?),  which I am working around as follows:
> >
> I had understood that cvs maxima already had the necessary reader
> macros for current ansi gcl?

I haven't changed defsystem.lisp lately. During recent discussions of
this issue, I think the consensus was that we needed to re-introduce the
gcl-specific reader macros that avoid using the ignore-errors function.
If that's the way the next release of gcl is going to work, I will put
the change (back) into cvs.

P.S. I have a diff between the current maxima cvs version of
defsystem.lisp and a defsystem.lisp that worked the last time I tried it
with a gcl cvs version. HOWEVER, at that time I was trying to get
defsystem to work with both ansi and non-ansi gcl. I don't think we want
to do that in the end.

Here's the diff:

|addiator>diff defsystem.lisp ~/fat32/maxima/lisp-utils/defsystem.lisp
< #+(or clisp cormanlisp ecl (and gcl defpackage) sbcl)
> #+(or clisp cormanlisp ecl sbcl)
< #+gcl
> #+(and gcl ansi)
> #+(and gcl (not ansi))
> (defpackage "MAKE" (:use "LISP" "SYSTEM") (:nicknames "MK"))
> #+(and gcl (not ansi))
> (defun translate-logical-pathname (lp)
>   lp)
<        (abs-name (ignore-errors (file-namestring abs-dir))) ; was