Re: [Getfem-users] C++11 in Getfem

From: Konstantinos Poulios
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] C++11 in Getfem
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:17:56 +0100

Dear Andriy,

actually the intention of my change was getfem to support C++11 by default if the compiler supports it by default.

Are you using msvc or gcc? I thought that my change would affect only compiling with gcc which officially does not support c++11 by default.

Even with gcc one can still enable c++11 by adding the appropriate CXXFLAGS at running the configure script.

Within getfem we just need to use
#if __cplusplus > 199711L
#endif
conditionals for features that depend on C++11.

Is there any practical issue that I am forgetting here?

Best regards
Kostas