giftcurs-user

Re: [giFTcurs-user] interface colours

From: chn
Subject: Re: [giFTcurs-user] interface colours
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:30:12 +0200

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 09:59:19AM +0100, Kenneth Hutton wrote:
> I've been using your software for a while now and i think it's great.
> Just one thing though, it would be nice to be able to choose colours for
> the interface which didn't induce headaches. There are plenty of these
> available to cursed programs (I tend to use wheat on darkblue or sienna on
> black).
> With this slight improvement I need never look for another filesharing app
> again. :)

Happy to tell you, it is possible to choose colours, on the settings
screen (F5) or by editing the configuration file (man giftcurs.conf).

Only the basic eight colours supported by ncurses are available. You
have to tell your terminal emulator to convert those to wheat or sienna.

Some new xterms support 256 colors, but there is no support for that in
giFTcurs (nor ncurses, AFAIK).

Thanks for the good words, nice to hear that :)

/ Christian