Re: [glob2-devel] level 2 school construction site.

From: Joey Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] level 2 school construction site.
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:06:13 -0700

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:26:34 +0200, "Stéphane Magnenat"
<address@hidden> said:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 03.59, Joey Luke Marshall wrote:
> Thanks. It is cool and much better then the "old" buildings sites.
> Nevertheless, what would be really great for building such as this school
> is
> a building site that show the school half built, like only the frame and
> inner core. Settlers 2 had some clever hack : each building had a frame
> and a
> final sprite and they were draw clipped from the top during building,
> vaguely
> showing sort of progression. I'm not sure this effect would be cool on
> glob2,
> which has much bigger buildings be having a frame half covered when
> building
> could be cool.
>
> What do you think about it ?

I see what you are saying, but I think it would be easier and look
better if there were just two drawings insted of  it being clipped off.
so if you want me to do that, I sure would. just tell me how many stages
you want, I think I know of a way to do it.

Joey

ps. did you see my post on the forum about deferent stages of
distruction graphics? I made it for the school, three levels of
distruction.