Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Back from holidays + huge updaet
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:36:08 -0500

> - Once during the game it crashed...
>    It was when the construction of a level 2 school was finished.
>    The logs are here:
>    http://ysagoon.com/diz/tmp/crashlog00.zip

I had this happen too.  (And not only with the level 2 school, but also with
the level 3 inn.)  Also, it seems that the crash happens not when it
finishes, but when you look at the newly finished building.  However, it does
not always happen.

> And I had again a bug with the forbidden areas: I wanted to build a
> building near a resource, and a globule was just near the resources.
> When I planted my building, the forbidden area appeared above the unit,
> but the unit left the area and went onto the resources. It was the first
> terrestrial unit able to walk on resources! They evolve!! :)

I have had this happen too:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9390

> So this makes now 3 bugs for the current area system:
> - Units sometimes are sometimes blocked in forbidden areas.
> - When building just inside unexplored ground an area appears without
> reason.
> - Units learn to walk above resources when under areas.

Make that four:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9855

IMHO, this last one MUST be fixed before there is another alpha release, as it
makes areas completely useless in a network game.

> Nct, how do you prefer to work: should I put my bugs and/or suggestions
> into the savannah system?

Also, do you want me to stop and send you my logs every time it crashes, or do
you want me to wait and try and reproduce it, in order to determin what is
causing it?

MWM