Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Net Engine Update!
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:11:16 +1200

Yes, this seems reasonable. Show we reorganize folder structure? For instance maps and campaigns go into data/maps and data/campaign? Problem is that we will have another breakage the time we use zip-based virtual filesystem for files and maps.

Well, there will be some restructing in the furute. I beleive Bradley and I discussed moving libgag, and libusl etc to src/, moving maps and campaigns to data (so you can sync all at once perhaps?), and organsing things like src/yog/, src/mapheader, src/ai, and other files to the related folders, and to clean things up (remove old files like glob2.sln and about 10 other files no longer used). It might require a lot of file changes, but the overall look at the end will be a lot better than what it is atm.

Ok to wait for a while. Anyway your are not the sole contributor I hope ;-)

A lot of people are too busy or too bored to do simple things like that. Apart from the activity on the mailing list, there is really only 4 people contributing overall. You & Martin (on libusl), Brad (rewrites), and myself (releases and website). Everyone else has bee too busy to complete their map rewrites, or unit allocation stuff. So I thought I'd take on the job of pushing 0.9.0 out the door by remaking all the maps in my free time (since I seem to have the most of it ;) )

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/