Re: [glob2-devel] scons issue

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] scons issue
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:12:28 +1200

>By the way, I've gotten mingw on windows to work. It was quite tricky to figure out, but the solution was simple. The whole problem has to do with the order you of the flags to gcc, they had to be in a specific order. It now works fine

Way to go! I'm looking forward to testing this when I get my new laptop (about 6x faster  than my current one, so hopefully configure in mingw wont take 5 minutes :P Until then, I'll take your word for it :P

In the mean time, please send me via email the new required libs pack in a bzip format to address@hidden, and let me know any specific instructions that differ from the mingw guide so I can change it when I get a chance.

I've decided to drop GCC 4.1.2 from the mingw guide because it has too many issues. 3.4.2 (what you have from a standard mingw install?) will have to do for now (just means little patches for code that requires higher GCC features). It also means that gcc and the libs you compiled will all be compatible. When I get my new laptop, I'll test all this (new libs (please email ASAP), new scons (will try on Linux later today), and old gcc etc etc etc).

>in fact I've been working on a new NSIS script for glob2 for windows installation.

Why? I went to a lot of work to get my windows NSIS script working, which it does very well! I got icons, and everything. Why do you see a need to replace the NSIS script?

Regards,
Kieran