[glob2-devel] Mercurial woes

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: [glob2-devel] Mercurial woes
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:53:13 -0500

I'm having a bit of trouble with Mercurial and named branches. This is something we where able to do last time we did release candidate, but this time it seems we can no longer. Basically, every time I make a few changes in the beta2-rc branch, I go into my default branch and pull them back into the mainstream default branch.

The problem is, newer versions of mercurial won't let me commit a new tip in the default branch without making an arbitrary modification to one of the files. If I don't create the new tip, then everyone else will have to manually re-pull beta2-rc into their defaults until a new tip in the default branch is created based on the merged beta2-rc changes.

Is there a way around this?

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.