Re: [glob2-devel] maintainer wanted

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] maintainer wanted
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:11:05 -0400

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Kai Antweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
> There isn't anyone making decisions,

That is by design.  Glob2 is a community project.
Steph could have played big boss all along if he had wanted to.

Well in reality he did, and so did I when i maintained the project. I consulted the community for opinions, but since I was the developer, what I said went because everyone disagreed on things otherwise, and if no one made a decision nothing would have gotten done in several instances. Not always of coarse, but many cases.

> but we need to get the message out there that this project is dead
> and if no one wants it anymore, then its pretty much done.

I strongly disagree with your analysis as well as with the idea that
dead projects will attract anybody.  There are millions of really dead
projects and almost none of them attracts anything at all.

Then perhaps we should be trying harder to get a new maintainer / developer / whatever. What you're suggesting is that this project is doomed already. While during high school I had the time to work on Globulation 2, I don't have time anymore. I have my own projects and ambitions, but I would like to see this project continued. Here is how I will word the notice that I am going to put front-page center, if you have a way to better word this message, then I'd suggest it, I'm not that great with words.

Globulation 2 is seeking new developers. The project has not been actively maintained in a year, and Bradley Arsenault is stepping down as lead maintainer. He will make himself available to all new developers and possibly the new lead maintainer to learn about the project, and assist in learning the code of Globulation 2.

Savy?

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.