Re: [glob2-devel] some screenshots

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] some screenshots
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:41:21 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for all the nice work you do on artwork Dryad.

> > IF you're able to make a full new image pack, with different style
> > buildings for each building level, like the current system, and we can
> > get some type of theme support into Glob2 (where, just like Nct did
> > for music IIRC, you can have different ones installed(?)), then I'd
> > switch.
>
> ye the original idea was to make 3 different races, organic, steampunk and
> modern, just for adding some more chances of storytelling

The problem there is that in glob2, there is already three graphics styles for
the three development levels. So adding these three races (organic,
steampunk, and modern) seems to similar to the three development levels to
me. However, development levels are not engraved in stone, so you can always
propose alternative styles.

By the way, what is the status of Dryad's graphics wrt to default style.
Should we add different terrain style the way we added different music
styles? Or should we just replace the old terrains with Dryad's ones?

Have a nuce day,

Stephane

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net