Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR write scheduling

From: Kevan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR write scheduling
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:03:21 -0800

Krishna Srinivas wrote:
On Nov 21, 2007 2:09 AM, Székelyi Szabolcs <address@hidden> wrote:
Kevan Benson wrote:
I don't remember anything about the status of this, and I can't find it
in the archives from a few minutes of searching, so I'll just ask.

Is afr write scheduling planned for the future?  My understanding of AFR
currently is that if you have a 4 node AFR, and you specify all .html
files to be redundant at 2 locations and all .db files to be redundant
in 3, you can expect the first 2 defined nodes to contain redundant
.html files and the first 3 nodes to contain redundant .db files and the
fourth node to be essentially empty (until the other nodes fill up?).

Are there any plans to have it use a scheduler to decide which AFR nodes
to write to?

Is the solution just to wrap multiple AFRs in a unify and use the unify
scheduler to achieve this?

Note that previously supported "option replicate *html:2,*txt:1"
pattern matching feature
is moved out of AFR. It should be implemented using unify's

Also check the following link which I just updated:

Thanks both. I know it was there somewhere, I was just having trouble locating it.

Krishna, any info on how is going to work? Is it going to replace the block-size parameter of stripe as well?

-Kevan Benson
-A-1 Networks