Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI

From: Hannes Mayr
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GTK-AGG GUI
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:30:05 +0200

Hannes Mayr wrote:
strk wrote:

IIRC some renderers needed the window to exist before they could be
created. I think cairo is one of these.

The window and the renderer are created in the same function, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Ok, I take back my last statement... I found this nice comment in Player.cpp where Gui::Init is called:

        // Initialize gui (we need argc/argv for this)
        // note that this will also initialize the renderer
        // which is *required* during movie loading
        _gui->init(argc, &argv);

Any comments on this if in the current code the renderer is still needed during movie loading? IIRC some time ago there was a discussion about render calls while parsing. Is this still up-to-date or were there some changes in the meantime?

If it's absolute necessary to have the renderer created before the parser starts it could be a solution to have an extra function to retrieve the movie size, so the renderer and the gui already know about the initial movie size.

For example:
_gui->init(argc, &argv, width, height)