Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performanc

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:38:03 +0200

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 12:21:38 PM, you wrote:
SS> I dunno if it is, I'm just trying to analyze the model.
SS> If we're going to define a TimelineInstanceInfo object we want
SS> to know if we can or not add a getLastFrameOfExistance() method, for
example.

I propose a getLastKnownFrame() method, which is not the same.
It tells until what frame number the sprite definition is known. By
the way, this only matters for the root movie, AFAIK.

Another method, getTagsForFrame() returns the tags of the last frame
prior or exactly at the requested frame number. Typically a
PlaceObject or RemoveObject tag. Frame numbers > getLastKnownFrame()
are illegal (for the moment).

Are you familiar with character morphing? I fear this brings problems
of it's own...

Udo