Re: [Gnash-dev] non-conformance to HTTP standards

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] non-conformance to HTTP standards
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:46:46 +0100

I've found what I consider something completely harebrained in the HTTP/1.1
standard, so I decided to violate it.

That's a pretty bad principle to start from...

according to standards, a GET request cannot have a relative
URL reference, which makes the following example malformed:
I've got to imagine that these kinds of requests are generated all the
time, and it seems screw-loose to reject them.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that cygnal
did act on these before, but now, in accordance with the standard,
does not?
As far as I know, everything after the ? is server-side-software
dependent and can be interpreted by a cgi script or what have you; is
part of the cygnal spec that it responds to such URL extensions

Forgive me, I'm having trouble understanding the issue.