Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Nellymoser audio segfaults (bug #24355])

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Nellymoser audio segfaults (bug #24355])
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008, Sandro Santilli wrote:

This is an interesting point. I'm new to exceptions, dunno how appropriate
it'd be to use them as a logging mechanism.
What I've learnt as a use for them was "exceptional behaviour".
How exceptional is for a media handler to NOT support a specific codec ?

Not very, because for example with Gstreamer if you neglect to install
the correct plugin(s), you are already missing certain codecs.

Bastiaan