[Gnash-dev] attachMovie() with non-library-symbols

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] attachMovie() with non-library-symbols
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:11:16 +0200

I forgot which bug item contained such behaviour, if
anyone remembers please let me know, or update
it with this new info from flash coders.

----- Forwarded message from Matthias Dittgen <address@hidden> -----

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:45:56 +0200
From: "Matthias Dittgen" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] attachMovie() with non-library-symbols
To: "Flash Coders List" <address@hidden>

You're talking about AS2?

See here for the answer:

This way you can attach classes that don't have a library symbol but
extend MovieClip.
These classes can for example have visual content using the drawing API.

Have fun!