Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)

From: Michael Fötsch
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ColorTransform and EditText (YouTube buzz videos)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:46:50 +0100

Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
Does this definitely only apply to device fonts?

I have a basic question there: What are "device" and "embedded" fonts?

The TextField in the YouTube movie uses <DefineEditText fontRef="9">, and there's a <DefineFont2 objectID="9"> in the same file. Is this an embedded font? (The font has only 12 glyphs, and when I change them, there's no visible effect.)

What affects the alpha value of the TextField? Is it the value of the
parent, or is it always solid?

When I change the ColorTransform in the parent so that alpha=0, the TextField is still solid. (I'm not very familiar with Flash yet, so I'm assuming that a PlaceObject2 is the only way to have a parent for the TextField, and that the ColorTransform is the only way to modify the parent's alpha value. Is this correct?)

Is there a way of automated testing other than using pixel checking?

Could we simply instantiate a TextField, using mock objects for its parent hierarchy, and directly assert on TextField::get_world_cxform?

Kind Regards,
M.F.