Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash playing multiple movies

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] gnash playing multiple movies
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:44:18 +0200

Am Freitag, den 24.07.2009, 19:24 +0200 schrieb strk:

> Ben, worth a wiki page ?

I have finally got round to a wiki page:

http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Re-entrancy

It's nominally about re-entrancy, but in fact deals with quite a lot of
other problems that aren't directly related to re-entrancy, such as
inheritance / super construction / native object construction.

This is because they are all related to how prototypes are stored and
retrieved, and I've found it's been worthwhile doing it properly and
adding proper tests as well as passing some existing ones, rather than
hacking something up to get rid of static data.

I intended to consult a bit more before committing the introduction of a
Proxy object for as_objects, but getting that far involved dropping so
much cruft and incorrect or unused stuff that it needed committing.
Besides, I'm satisfied that this, or something very similar, is the way
to do it. It's not too late to make suggestions for improvements or
alternatives. The changes I made are limited to a few objects and would
still be easy to rewrite.

It's now possible to construct subclasses of most of the basic types
properly. I think NetStream and other similar classes will also be
relatively simple, which may fix the broken blip.tv.

Array is a mess and won't be easy to refactor, mainly because it relies
on overriding get_member and doesn't store its elements as properties.
Anyone who wants to work on it is very welcome to.

MovieClip and other DisplayObjects have the same problem. These are the
ones it's necessary to refactor to get AS3 to run correctly. Like Array,
it's a problem with overriding get_member and set_member, but shouldn't
be quite as difficult to refactor because it only applies to a few
properties.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!