[Gnash-dev] A thought about performance

From: MÁTÉ Gergely
Subject: [Gnash-dev] A thought about performance
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 00:15:45 +0200

Hi!

I mostly use Firefox and sometimes I open 5-6 tabs or even more at the same time. In such cases, when all of those pages contain several Gnash instances, the general performance of the whole system can degrade to an almost unresponsive level.

How could we increase such parallel performance?

One possible way may be to automatically pause those instances which are in background tabs and thus unseen. Probably some heuristic diagnostics should prevent this if there is any network transfer or the instance is playing sound, or such.

What do you think about this?

Regards,
Gergely Máté