Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: ffmpeg config

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: ffmpeg config
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 15:16:04 -0700

Blundering around trying things, I was able to configure with:

  ./configure --enable-gui=gtk --enable-media=gst,ffmpeg

[The ./configure doc should be revised to let people know that they can
 enable more than one media option.]

The first time, it complained:

        ERROR: No FFMPEG development package installed!
               You can install FFMPEG from http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu
               or .deb users: apt-get install libavformat-dev
               or .rpm users: yum install ffmpeg-devel
               or reconfigure with --enable-media=gst
 configure: error: Please install required packages

So I installed that, and the second time, it complained again:

        ERROR: You have version 52.20.1 of ffmpeg installed,
               with no swscale enabled.
               This setup isn't supported!
               Version 51.11.0 or newer is required, enabling swscale if >=
52.0.0.
               You can install libswscale from http://ffmpeg.org
               or .deb users: apt-get install libswscale-dev
 configure: error: Please install required packages

It should have suggested this (at least for "deb users") the first
time.  And when suggesting that people compile and install ffmpeg from
scratch, it would be useful to tell them what options you require enabled
in such a build -- the first time around.

        John