[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Gnash-dev] Re: buildbot: UTF8 locale

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: buildbot: UTF8 locale
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:54:15 +0100
User-agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.2 (gnu/linux)

> Seek for 'locale' and you'll fined no error in the kfreebsd one.
> Check end of file and you see "GNASH MUST WORK" test failing in one
> and not in the other.
> I'm now trying with LANG.

I believe I found the cause of the locale related testsuite failures:

% grep -r en_US testsuite/
testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/simple.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/network.all/network.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LANG) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LANGUAGE) en_US.UTF-8
testsuite/misc-haxe.all/classes.all/classes.exp:set env(LC_ALL) en_US.UTF-8

The test suite expect the en_US.UTF-8 locale to exist, and fail if it
does not.

I would recommend adding a new testsuite test to verify that the
output of 'locale charmap' is UTF-8, and report an error with the
current locale if it is not.  It would make it more obvious how to fix
this problem.  Even better would be to pick an existing UTF-8 locale
using 'locale -a | grep -i utf-8 | head -1' or similar instead of
hardcoding en_US.UTF-8.

I've added the en_US.UTF-8 locale to my buildbot slave, and the
uppercase/lowercase test now succeeds.

Happy hacking,
Petter Reinholdtsen

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]