Re: [Gnash] MP3 support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] MP3 support
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:48:26 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

Passing --enable-mp3 didn't work. Changing sound_handler_sdl.cpp worked... partially.

I wonder why some mp3 are not played, while others are. And they are always the same, I think. gnash output doesn't complain about anithing.

The sound playing support exists, but is seriously untested. My previous work on GameSWF used a high quality MP3 player that was external, plus it kept screwing up XMMS when I was playing music. :-) As a plugin, I'd think Gnash would use the mplayer plugin to actually play the data stream, although playing music as a plugin without needing any other plugins is probably a better idea now that you mention it.

It shouldn't be much work to cleanup the SDL and MP3 player support, but to be honest, getting the plugin working playing movies is the current priority. That and cleaning up configure/build bugs and portability issues. Anyway, patches are always greatly appreciated! :-)

        - rob -