[Gnash] Gnash cannot legally play animations created with MM tools?

From: Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)
Subject: [Gnash] Gnash cannot legally play animations created with MM tools?
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:27:34 -0800

Hi,

I just read this on OSNews.com at:

http://osnews.com/permalink.php?news_id=16416&comment_id=179767

"But the main problem is the LICENSE of the Flash creation application. Each flash animation created with Macromedia's application can only be legally viewed by Macromedia's players only. Gnash does not have the legal right to render these animation that the web is full of today.

So, GNU must also create a Creation application, not just a Player. And this is such a daunting task, that in my mind, even taking database space talking about this issue over here, is useless. It will never happen, not realistically-enough for most PC users at least."

I wonder what is the position of the Gnash project to the above statements. Perhaps someone from the Gnash project could enlighten the rest of us?

Cheers,

Koki