[Gnewsense-dev] Re: Thoughts on the release

From: David Sterry
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Thoughts on the release
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 05:04:40 -0000

Hello, not a long time user or subscriber but a first time poster.

Hi all,
Any other thoughts?
I heard of and experienced that increased load on the servers was slowing things down for the fsf.org site. Maybe making the mirrors and bittorrent download options more prominent(or the direct download link less prominent) would help depending on how most people are referred to the direct download link. i.e. if most people link to it directly from distrowatch or some other site, then changing those sites is more important. I see at gnewsense.org that the direct link is very prominent and the others not so much. I prefer torrents anyway due to flaky big file download issues.

I second including upgrade instructions in the release email as I'm running 2.1 and still wonder what's the best way to update to 2.2.

Thanks,

David Sterry (weex)
http://trygnulinux.com