Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote yeeloong laptop - where my root partition is

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Lemote yeeloong laptop - where my root partition is
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:36:38 +0200

Niklas Cholmkvist schreef:

Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
So I try the 4th step(in PMON console):
load /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.7-libre
Couldn't find device [wd0]
/dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.7-libre: Undefined error: 0

usually that error means that pmon can't find that file.
Maybe you wrote it wrong or it was incorrectly installed.

Yes, that might make sense.
Although even if I just type
load /dev/fs/address@hidden
I get:
/dev/fs/address@hidden: Undefined error: 0
PMON>
I didn't get the "Couldn't find device [usb0]" kind of error.

You could try some proper partition device names, like wd0a, wd0b, wd0c, etc., although wd0 should be the same as wd0a.

During installation of gNewSense it asked me a few questions like:
1. "create a symbolic link to the current kernel image?" , I answered
YES. (is it best to choose YES?)
2. "do you want to abort now?", I answered NO. (I guess the right answer
was NO.)

It also gave me error-like messages like:
* "No boot loader has been installed..."
* "LVM not supported", "you may need to load lvm-mod module". Do I need
to do anything about LVM? I think it has to do something with hard drives.

So if I reinstall I want to be sure I do everything correctly.

Looks like you got it right.