Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong wireless issue dissected

From: fxzhang
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong wireless issue dissected
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:28:46 +0800

Wifi is not enabled by default because it consumes significant power and is not always used.

Wu Zhangjin 写道:
Hi,

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 13:38 +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
[..]
So the problem with wireless is that it wasn't enabled?
  So why not enable it by default then?

No, I'm not sure, Just want to ensure it is enabled and ensure the
kernel interface works and then find other problems.

and of course, you are recommended to use 2.6.31.5 directly, rtl8187b
works as a module or not with it very well~~
Ok.  Is this branch v2.6.31 or linux-loongson/2.6.31/stable?

You can try linux-loongson/2.6.31/stable directly, the latest update of
31 will be appended into it.

BTW: there is also a known existing problem in this driver, it will not
survive after resuming from hibernation, but can after resuming from
Standby. and I'm not sure which network manager does gNewSense use? I
have tested it on YeeLoong with a standard debian 6 system(hald 0.5.13,
dbus 1.2.16, NetworkManager 0.7.1).

Regards,
        Wu Zhangjin