Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Tying together the network-manager work

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Tying together the network-manager work
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:24:35 -0500

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 04:14 -0500, Daniel Clark wrote:
> Brett - were you seeing something like this?

I was not.  At the time, I was not being offered the chance to upgrade
network-manager at all: the only thing dist-upgrade wanted to upgrade
was Pidgin.

Here's what I'm getting when I try to do a dist-upgrade now.  It looks
like not *all* the network-mananger-related packages in the archive have
been updated to their 0.7 versions yet?  If this is a known transition
issue and I should do some package munging by hand to get out of it,
just let me know and I'll be happy to follow along.

address@hidden:~$ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information... Done
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  libpurple0 network-manager pidgin
  consolekit{a} dnsmasq-base{a} libck-connector0{a} libnm-util1{a}
  libpam-ck-connector{a} libpcap0.8{a} libpolkit-dbus2{a}
  libpolkit-gnome0{a} libpolkit-grant2{a} libpolkit2{a} policykit{a}
  policykit-gnome{a} ppp{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  dhcdbd{u}
  libavcodec51 libavformat52 libavutil49 libmozjs1d libmysqlclient15off
  libnm-glib0 libpostproc51 mysql-common openoffice.org openoffice.org-base
  openoffice.org-base-core openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-common
  openoffice.org-core openoffice.org-draw openoffice.org-evolution
  openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev openoffice.org-gcj openoffice.org-gnome
  openoffice.org-gtk openoffice.org-help-en-us openoffice.org-impress
  openoffice.org-java-common openoffice.org-math openoffice.org-officebean
  openoffice.org-report-builder-bin openoffice.org-style-andromeda
  openoffice.org-style-tango openoffice.org-writer pidgin-data
  ttf-opensymbol xulrunner-1.9 xulrunner-1.9-gnome-support
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  openoffice.org-emailmerge openoffice.org-filter-binfilter
  openoffice.org-style-crystal
34 packages upgraded, 13 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 118MB of archives. After unpacking 10.6MB will be used.
  libpurple0: Depends: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.6-1~bpo50+1 is to be
installed.
  network-manager: Breaks: network-manager-gnome (< 0.7~~) but 0.6.6-4+lenny1
is installed.
  pidgin: Depends: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.6-1~bpo50+1 is to be
installed.

Keep the following packages at their current version:
dhcdbd [3.0-5 (stable, now)]
network-manager [0.6.6-3 (now)]
pidgin-data [2.4.3-4lenny5 (stable, now)]

Score is 141

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

This is a freshly installed Yeeloong, but just to make absolutely sure
we're on the same page, attached is the output from dpkg -l to confirm
that I haven't done anything weird to the installed packages.

Thanks,

--
Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf