Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug #35790 (fop related) and the way of fixing it

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug #35790 (fop related) and the way of fixing it
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:34:00 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 08:54:36PM +1100, Karl Goetz wrote:
> If you could double check and make sure there is an explicit licence
> statement - pd or not - that would be excellent. Would be embarassing to make
> the package not free by mistake :)

I couldn't find any licensing information about this file (besides the comment
inside it), but I've sent an e-mail to Graeme Gill - the author - asking about
it and permission to use it.

> As long as the profiles are under a compatible licence you should be fine.
> Note that being a repack it'll need the +fsdg suffix and the copyright info
> updated with your changes.

What kind of copyright information should it be? Is something like this:
Files: /path/to/this/sRGB.icm
License: Public domain (if it's PD indeed)
 This file has been downloaded from ...

sufficient?

Happy hacking!
--