Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Small update to siliconmotion X.org driver package

From: 晏华
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Small update to siliconmotion X.org driver package
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:05:54 +0800

May Teddy can give some help.

2013/3/20 Marek Buras <address@hidden>
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:10:37PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Yes, that helped. However, X doesn't start and instead says: "(EE)
> SMI(0): Not enough video memory for the configured screen size
> (1024x1024) and color depth.". If I add the Screen section to the conf
> file it does work. Could you update your package accordingly?

Done. I put whole "Screen" section with both 16bit and 24bit "Display"
subsections. Both have only 1024x768 mode defined. I found on page
linked from gNewSense wiki[1] that this machine has only 4MB VRAM
(detected by X.org). Is that true?  The other problem may be ModeLine,
but I'm not brave enough to "guess" it and put hardcoded value into conf
file ;) I don't know if anyone has problems with "flickering" and so on,
but if so, then someone more skilled with access to the hardware would
check it (with xvidtune?). I don't know however if such experiments are
safe for the hardware ;)

[1] http://openbenchmarking.org/system/1212094-SU-PHORONIXT92/ffte/Xorg.0.log

Happy hacking!
--