Re: [gNewSense-users] Detailed Supported Hardware List

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Detailed Supported Hardware List
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:00:59 +0100

Luis Alberto wrote:
> AFAIK, the only completely free option is the Lemote Yeeloong
> Some other close approaches are the Asus EeePc 700 & 900
> Also the OLPC, but i wouldn't mention it as an option.
> The rest aren't free enough to mention (IMHO).

You are right.
There are also some ibm laptop models that are fully free expect for the
bios but I think they are old models.

Other netbooks such as asus eeep pc 901 and next models or such as Acer
Aspire One or Dell Mini Inspiron have all proprietary bios and wireless.

Lemote is becoming a really cooperative company.
They even listen to our advices and suggestions and are actively
cooperating with the gNewSense mips porting team to achieve the goal.

Finally we have a company by our side.
Let's show them support too and buy their products.

They really deserve it imho.
- --
Graziano Sorbaioli --
Support freedom?
Join the Free Software Foundation:
Supporters will receive our new USB membership card with gNewSense Live
NO EMAIL from gmail accounts, >1Mb, html, ms-office files

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)