Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Compatible PDAs

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Compatible PDAs
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:15:02 -0400

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 23:15:45 -0500
Michael Evans <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm looking for either a PDA or smartphone to replace my iPhone.  I
> had my eye on the Palm Treo 680, but the forum suggests that the Palm
> syncing tools may not work under Linux-Libre.  Can anyone tell me if
> Palm (or Symbian) devices will sync with gNewSense?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael

I'm using my palm Zire 72 with gNewSense with no problems. I use
j-pilot (in the repo) (see: http://www.jpilot.org/ for more info on it)
for syncing it. (I do not like Evolution at all.) Works great. It even
has a plug-in for the key-ring application that I use.
(http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/ ). There is also a plug-in to sync
the pics and videos on newer palms.

Hope this helps
Freemor