Re: [gNewSense-users] SSH: HostKey vs. AuthorizedKeysFile

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] SSH: HostKey vs. AuthorizedKeysFile
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:52:26 +0200

Stayvoid wrote:
I forgot about another thing.
Does passwd use /etc/shadow by default?

How to delete/disable su?
"Actually, the best solution is to remove su and switch to the sudo
mechanism which has a broader logic and more features than su."
This is the most detailed guide I've found. [3]
But I don't think it's the right way to do it.

Editing /etc/pam.d/su should do the trick. Comment says "Uncomment this to force users to be a member of group root before they can use 'su'."