Re: somebody here ever connected Zaurus5500g to Nokia Handy?

From: Ekkard Gerlach
Subject: Re: somebody here ever connected Zaurus5500g to Nokia Handy?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:35:24 +0200

* Pawel Kot schrieb:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
>
> > I've read this message in a 2 years old thread with Pawel Kot.
> > I already tried connection = infrared  with port = /dev/ttyS0  or
> > port = /dev/ttyS1. But no success. Always the same error:
> > GSM/FBUS init failed!
>
> What type of irda device you have? Remember to unload all irda related
> modules from the kernel.
see parallel posting 2 minutes ago.
I have Qtopia desktop (original software) and original kernel
on my Zaurus. I can't detect any ir*-stuff. The GUI of Qtopia
offers a irda- ON/Off window. I can klick to turn ON and OFF.
I don't know if it works. The manual of Zaurus 5500g offers irda
that should work

> > BTW: on my laptop I configured on USB-adapter: port = /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
> >     .. and I have success!
>
> Which configration?

with serial cable connected to 6110, with USB-> Serial adapter connected
the cables with each other.

/etc/gnokiirc:
[global]
port = /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
model = 6130
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/sbin/
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 0999123456789
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

> > Ist there something special with /dev/ircomm?
>
> It is the irda layer device provided by irda stack in the linux kernel.
I don't know. I hoped /dev/ircomm (that I did never generate, did gnokiid
generate it??) would be the device - and the solution.

If thats the fault I will address to Zaurus Community ..

thanks a lot
Ekkard