Re: gnokii 0.6.4

From: Pedro Corte-Real
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.4
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:05:16 +0100

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 23:22 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Pedro Corte-Real wrote:
>
> > No, I use gnokii and my own sms downloading app. BTW would you take
> > patches for a xml message export extension to gnokii?
>
> Yes. Did I miss them?

No. I decided to take the sms part out of gnokii and do a standalone
program. I still think it would be a better idea to split the gnokii
program, but I'll try to create some patches to put my xml export in
gnokii.

I have some issues to solve:

- My stuff will add a dependency on libxml. Shouldn't be a problem,
everyone has that these days

- Does the cellphone always output messages as iso-8859-1 or will
different phones use different encodings? How do I find out which is
being used?

- How do I create a universal identifier for a message? Something that's
a unique key. I'm using date/time/messagenum/foldernum and while that's
unique it changes with time as the phone changes the messagenum's in the
folder.

Pedro.