Re: [Gnu-arch-users] error in tree-lint

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] error in tree-lint
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:02:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Pau Aliagas <address@hidden>
>
>     > I'm trying to move a web development to arch but this is what I get:
>
>     > $ tla tree-lint
>     > /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/tla-1.1pre5/src/tla/libarch/invent.c:659:botched
>     > invariant
>     >     *a < *b
>     > PANIC: exiting on botched invariant
>
>     > May it be due to strange names in files?
>
> I dunno.  Happily, it's an `invariant()' so it shouldn't be too hard
> to get a grip on if you're good at GDB....  (set a breakpoint in
> `panic' and work backwards -- the comments around the invariant are a
> clue).
>
> If you're not good at GDB, sure -- if you can, send a list of the
> directory in question and I can try to find it with a code review.

I've found what it was just doing tla inventory and looking where it
stops. As i suspected, there were files with ilegal chars (blanks,
accents, etc). I'll see how to fix them, that is rename them :)

But now I have a BIG question: the website in question is 1Gb amb a few
thousands of files. I'm not sure how should I manage it (and not, I cannot
split it, sorry). Should I build cached revs automatically (using hook)?
Should I add libraries? I need speed when commiting changes and I don't
want the backups to take forever, so I'0m not sure waht to do.

Changes are usually small: create a new dir, add a few config files, a few
images and that is it. Another type of change is patching a few general
files to modify the website behaviour and look and feel. As you can see,
not many changes.

Can someone advise me how to proceed?

Pau