a contrib directory (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion)

From: Tom Lord
Subject: a contrib directory (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla bash completion)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:58:32 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Jonas Diemer <address@hidden>

    > Jan Hudec <address@hidden> wrote:
    > > What about a branch with your version ;-)

    > Being fairly new to arch, it took me some time to get a public mirror
    > up, but here it goes:

    >  http://ags.tu-bs.de/~jonas/{archives}/2003-mirror

[Not specifically to Jonas.]

Perhaps this is premature or perhaps not, but:

How about the idea of making a `contrib' directory for arch?

I've resisted it because, well, I have plenty to do.   But lately I've
noticed lots of people looking for shell completion hacks and cvs2arch
hacks.   There's tentative work going on for Emacs modes.
Periodically we get people saying "please include my spec file".

So, perhaps a `contrib' directory.

The question is, can it be done without adding too much to my personal
task list?

So I wonder if anyone would like to volunteer to maintain a contrib
directory as a new subproject (`tla-contrib--devo--1.1' or something),
collecting hacks from various others and merging them together?

If all those things were collected in one place, then it would be very
easy for me to include in distributions.