Re: [Gnu-arch-users] using arch when commuting frequently between statio

From: Denys Duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] using arch when commuting frequently between stations
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:05:08 +0200

"Mark A. Flacy" <address@hidden> writes:

> If you are always able to connect to your gateway, then you should just
> make a "work" branch of your project and a "home" branch and merge between
> the two.  In fact, you could pretty much act like you would with CVS and
> use the same branch at home and work.

This I would achieve by creating a remote archive on the gateway and
committing directly into it, right?

The thing is that I need to be able to work disconnected (at both
ends).

1. can that work if, on the gateway, I have just a mirror?

2. or do I need to create the archive on the gateway and then mirror
   it locally at both ends - and in that case, how can I both push and
   pull?

Basically, I am trying to work out a recipe (like the one I posted
before) that lists the steps to follow.  Once I have that, things
start to click together and make sense (a little bit).

It's really embarrassing.  I have been a computer scientist for over
20 years, and arch is the first tool that makes feel stupid.  Maybe
it's just setting up the right architecture for distributed work
that's the tough nut to crack.

...darn!

--
Dr. Denys Duchier