Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2

From: David Whitmarsh
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:40:29 +0000

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:49:00PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > cscvs cache -b
> > cscvs totla -i <changeset number of first on HEAD - probably 1> ../blank
> > cscvs totla -c <same number>:: ../blank
>
> How does this tool handle files that have been renamed upstream?
>
> (CVS of course doesn't preserve rename logs...)

From my understanding, it makes an ordered list of all changes, cuts
them into changesets using commit time and person doing the commit to
break them up. It then looks at changesets that have both removes and
adds, it md5sums them and compares.

David

This all could be wrong, Major and I have talked about cvs2arch/cscvs on
so many different occasions, and in so many different forms, that my
memory may be faulty.