Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.1 plans

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.1 plans
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:30:59 -0700

On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 09:39 US/Pacific, Tom Lord wrote:

Other than design-note scribbles, there has been no progress on this
item:

        *) fancier support for "partial commits"

If I may make a suggestion, the perforce model for this is really nice in that it solves two problems:

        a) Lets you see what you're checking in at checkin time.
        b) Lets you modify that list.

I'm not sure how that could fit into arch since the commit log is separate from the commit, but perhaps a third step (``tla make-commit-list'' or something) that could either update the log or a new file with the list of files to be committed.

--
Dustin Sallings