Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving an archive

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] moving an archive
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:17:16 -0700

On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 07:21 US/Pacific, Robert Collins wrote:

I think it's possible to just 'mv' the category directory into a new archive, and re-register it in the new archive. But there's no guarantee that this
will always work. It just happens to work at the moment.

It won't work at the moment, you'll end up with corrupt information, and
gremlins. Don't do it, and don't try it.

I did this and found that it didn't work. That's where my original questions came from. :)

--
Dustin Sallings