Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inertia on lkml?

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Inertia on lkml?
Date: 26 Sep 2003 11:07:21 +0200

    Miles> Zack Brown <address@hidden> writes:
    >> Arch is still filled with controversial features, though.

[...]

    Miles>  (1) Using individual files for explicit tags

After some time using explicit tags for third-party code, I reverted
to the 'names' method for this case since I don't think the gain in
tracking renames in the upstream sources justifies the overhead caused
by explicit tagging. Explicit tags remain useful with tagline, for
directories and files for which embedded tags is not an option though.

That said, if I'd contribute a lot to a project, I should probably try
hard to persuade the maintainer to add embedded tags to the sources
and switch to something like tagline.

    Miles>  (2) No cheap/merge-friendly way of switching tagging
    Miles>      styles en-masse (e.g. explicit -> tagline)

Yes, a solution to this would add to global happiness, I'm sure.

--
rnf