Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:07:53 -0700

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 02:37 US/Pacific, MJ Ray wrote:

I would believe that you might be in the minority in this case so I think opening an editor might be a reasonable default rather than asking the user to do so.

I'm not sure. I think a change to the current UI should not happen in this minor case, as it will irritate all existing users, so an option should be given to start the editor. Probably the error should mention the editor option.

It would make sense for it to be a preference with a commandline option as well.

I think it would be nice to vote on a default when a feature that forced you to do something a certain way was made optional. Knowing the way the bulk of the userbase works will reduce the amount of configuration the average user has to do to get going.

--
Dustin Sallings