Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook

From: Ethan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Patch : precomimt hook
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:33:14 -0800

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 04:11:13AM -0500, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
> Ethan>
> Ethan> I haven't seen Tom comment yet, but i suspect it would be better to
> Ethan> build a generic prehook which works like the current hook system,
> Ethan> rather then a hack specific to commit only.
>
> The OP *did* use the current hook system to add the pre-commit hook.

i mean that he should implement a generic pre-hook.  one where command
line args, environment variables etc are provided, and the user
writing the hook would implement a pre-commit by adding a case for
$1 == commit.

the current hook system allows hooks for more then just the commit
command, the proposed patch is a specific hack only for commit.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/