Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <addre

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit (was Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic)
Date: 04 Oct 2003 03:30:07 +0200

    Miles> [...] I just use symlink trees (which have their own set
    Miles> problems, but it's better than the grief caused by building
    Miles> in the source tree!).

So do I. But it's not enough for perverse cases such as automake based
projects or even glibc where building in a separate directory doesn't
prevent generated files to end in the source tree.

    Miles> We should come to some decision on how tla should support
    Miles> .cvsignore-style per-directory source-hygiene files, as I
    Miles> think that will be more comfortable for many people (and
    Miles> help solve annoying same-name-different-dir-different- type
    Miles> problems). That thread seems to have died out though...

Yes, I'd like to have this too. I understood the boss more or less
agreed for a per-directory .ignorefoo with overriding regexps, and a
fall back to common regexps. So let's find a good name for .ignorefoo
and ship it! Well, sort of.

--
rnf

Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.