Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Building tla

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Building tla
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:56:44 +1000

begin Erik de Castro Lopo quote from Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:30:12PM +1000
> Thanks for responding Denys but I still have some problems.
>
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:30:28 +0200
> Denys Duchier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > There are some clues that can be gathered by:
> >     1. visiting the web page: http://regexps.srparish.net/www/
> >     2. looking around the archive
> >     3. reading the instructions in an official distro
>
> Clues yes, a definitive answer no.
>
> > but it would be convenient to have it spelled out on a web page - so
> > here you go:
> >
> > tla register-archive address@hidden \
> >     http://regexps.srparish.net/{archives}/address@hidden
> > tla get address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0 dists--devo--1.0
> > cd dists--devo--1.0
> > tla build-config emf.net/devo.tla
>
> I think that should be:
>
>     tla build-config configs/emf.net/devo.tla

No.  Configs are referenced by name, which is the path under configs/,
so this is correct.  I did submit a patch to Tom which looked for an
exact name if the config wasn't found under configs, but the above usage
is the traditional style.

> Unfortunately, after the above command has been run, most of the tree still
> seems to be missing. That is, the tree contains about 5 Meg of data, while
> the file tla-1.1pre7.tar.gz decompresses to about 32Meg.

I just ran these exact commands and it worked fine, giving me a complete
tla source tree, which weighed in at 60MB (including ~30MB of pristine
trees).  This was from my local mirror, however (which is extremely
handy given my flakey dialup connection); can you reach srparish.net OK?
Does it look like tla is downloading a reasonable amount of data?

--
Rob Weir <address@hidden> | address@hidden  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  diwn beanpole Ft. Bragg undercover Fat Man Sundevil DES Mena