Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more recent changes in address@hidden/tla--mainline

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more recent changes in address@hidden/tla--mainline--1.1
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:47:26 -0400

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 18:29, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:49:16PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > In general, default to being less strict about inventory classification.
> > Untagged source is now treated as backup by default.  tree-lint is
> > less strict about untagged source (so you can import/commit).
> >
> > Move the default unrecognized regexp contents (like .o files) into
> > junk.  And finally, add some commented-out junk regexps for autotools to
> > the default file, so people can easily uncomment them.
>
> It's somewhat hard to see exactly what you changed from this.

I tried to detail that in my log message.

> Is it essentially just changing the default to `untagged-source backup'?
> For all tagging methods?

Yes, that is essentially it, but it required changing a number of things
in the source.   The whole idea of "no tag" => unrecognized was rather
deeply embedded.

Also now tree-lint doesn't fail if you have untagged files that look
like source, it just warns you.  You have to explicitly be using
'untagged-source unrecognized' to get the older behavior.

> If I've explicitly used `untagged-source' in my {arch}/=tagging-method file,
> I should be _completely unaffected_ by your change, right?

Yes, I think so.  If you aren't, it's a bug; please let me know.