Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GUI foo

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GUI foo
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 11:20:36 -0800

On Nov 9, 2003, at 8:12, address@hidden wrote:

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:37:59AM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:

Is anyone currently working on a (client-side) tla GUI?  There was
talk of such a little while back but not much since then.

I was working on one; I kind of intend to finish it as well except for
the slight problem that I find learning tla too hard and thus have not
found out what I want the GUI to do...

Seriously? I have the opposite problem. I've migrated all of my projects[0] away from CVS into arch and am having trouble seeing what benefits I'd get from a tla GUI. I basically do ``tla replay'' ``tlog'' (vi `tla make-log`) and ``tla commit.'' I sometimes do ``tla logs -Dsc'' followed by a get of an older revision I want to reference.

I could probably that exact task in a GUI, but I'd spend a lot more time trying to design a GUI to do that than I ever have reviewing the logs and pulling a version.

I like the idea of slapping together a GUI for my Mac, but I don't think *I'd* use it, so I just work on my countless other projects that I do actually use. :)

[0] I have some projects that are at sourceforge and shared with other developers who don't use arch. Those have not been migrated.

--
Dustin Sallings