Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GUI foo

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] GUI foo
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:08:33 -0800

On Nov 9, 2003, at 13:44, address@hidden wrote:

I was working on one; I kind of intend to finish it as well except for the slight problem that I find learning tla too hard and thus have not
found out what I want the GUI to do...

        Seriously?

Yes, seriously; I had the luck of running into various problems (probably
bugs) during my import, which made the whole take longer then it should
have.. :-)

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5251&group_id=4899
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6445&group_id=4899
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6446&group_id=4899
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6447&group_id=4899
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=6448&group_id=4899

Some of these are perfectly valid usability bugs, but I don't think a GUI would help fix them. tla add shouldn't tag things that can't be committed. All a GUI would do in that regard would tell you not to do that, or perhaps prompt you to change the naming conventions or something. The CLI can do the same.

I have seen a lot of GUIs that don't really improve the user experience. If the bugs are to be fixed, they should be fixed everywhere.

--
Dustin Sallings